A simple design, a few spools of thread, and a willingness to learn are all that is required to be successful in this workshop. This workshop is a great way to ease into thread painting and learn the basics – a good refresher if you have already taken a workshop from me. It’s fun and addictive. So come and have some fun.
Workshop Kit Includes:
- Custom printed background fabric
- (1) piece of printed stabilizer
- (2) pieces of stabilizer backing
- How-to booklet with pictures and instructions
You will also need to bring to class a 6” machine embroidery hoop. If you don’t have a 6″ machine embroidery hoop, you can add one to your order. For those using 40-weight polyester thread on the upper spindle, use Quilter’s Select 80-weight or Superior’s 60-weight Bottom Line thread has been recommended in a dark or light color but is not mandatory. The wrong weight thread in the bobbin can result in an unbalanced tension with the bobbin thread popping to the top threads. But you are learning a technique and the proper bobbin thread can be purchased at a later date.
When signing up for class, allow enough time to receive the workshop kit:
- USPS First-Class Package Service – allow 7 days
- USPS Priority Mail – allow 5 days
- USPS First-Class Package International Service – allow 25 business days
- USPS Priority International – allow 12 business days